Friday, March 4, 2011

Not Jimmy’s best work


As soon as James Cameron’s name came up in the preview for the movie Sanctum I knew I had to see it. The Famous Writer and Director of other famous films such as Avatar, Titanic, and The Terminator, just about everything he has his name on is a hit. Unfortunately this wasn’t the case for Sanctum, an action drama, set in the depths of the most unexplored cave system in the world. I was unsatisfied with everything about the film, from the story all the way to the filmography. The story was boring and predictable and most of the scenes were shot in a way that it was hard to tell what was going on. I felt like I was watching a dark room for most of the movie and as bad as that was, I would prefer it to the scenes that I could see because they looked extremely fake. It seemed like this movie was a low budget film that some unknown filmmakers put together. If it wasn’t for the extreme character conflict that occurs towards the end of the movie I would say there is absolutely no reason to watch it, but because of the intense emotions brought about by the last few minutes of the movie I would say that it is somewhat watchable. The acting was mediocre at best, and it’s not even worth mentioning those who took part in it. Overall I give James Cameron’s Sanctum two thumbs down, and it leaves me to question, how could someone who is supposed to be among the best at what he does, put out some crap like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment